1. Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion annually;
2. Destroy 1,105,000 American jobs per year on average, with peak years seeing unemployment rise by over 2,479,000 jobs;
3. Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation;
4. Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent;
5. Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent;
6. Raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,500 annually; and
7. Increase inflation-adjusted federal debt by 26 percent, or $29,150 additional federal debt per person, again after adjusting for inflation.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi wants the U.S. House to vote at the end of this week on the Waxman-Markey National Energy Tax (House Bill 2454). We must stop it there before it reaches the Senate and passes with near certainty before being signed into law by the President.
Call Congress at (202) 224-3121 to voice your opposition, and tell everyone one you know to do the same.
Current Location: 90062